Quality has been of central strategic importance to CRITICAL Software since its formation in 1998. The continuous improvement of software development and systems engineering processes has allowed us to reach outstanding, internationally-recognised standards in organisational and process maturity.
Quality is embedded in attitudes, in the way we work, in software development processes and in methodologies.
Quality is strategically important and has driven the pursuit of the most demanding and prestigious quality certifications and standards since the company was founded.
Quality is embedded deep within our values and culture, providing a key framework for us to operate systematically, confidently and efficiently.
Our Integrated Management System (IMS) is certified according to CMMI-DEV Maturity Level 5, ISO 9001:2008, AS 9100 and NATO AQAP.
We believe we can only achieve the highest levels of excellence, quality and customer satisfaction by strong investment in organisational process maturity, continuous process improvement and constant benchmarking against international standards. This belief has led us to invest strongly in CMMI Level 5, which means lower business risk and more projects delivered within budget, on time and of high quality!
- Our Quality Management System is inspired and based on the CMMI-DEV model, ISO 15504 (also known as SPICE - Software Process Improvement and Capability Determination), ISO 12207 - Software Life Cycles, ESA standards and proven PMI and Six Sigma methodologies;
- We were selected by the European Space Agency to be pilot pioneers for SPiCE 4 Space (S4S) based on ISO 15504 – Process Assessment);
- We are a review committee member of the ESA-ECSS standards (e.g. IV&V).
Quality in practice
CRITICAL Software’s approach ensures low business risks, with projects delivered within budget, on time and to exceptionally high quality standards. The facts:
- Customer-focused! We achieved an average customer satisfaction score of 8.4 (out of 10) in the last five years (2012-2016), over more than 275 projects (67% customer response rate)
- On time! In the last three years, our average project delay has amounted to less than 6% compared to overall project duration estimates
- Highly recommended! Net Promoter Score (NPS) is becoming the industry benchmark for measuring customer loyalty, and CRITICAL Software achieved a NPS of 49 in 2016 – achieving a best-in-class ranking for the technology and software industry. To put this score in perspective, The Temkin Group has been reporting on NPS scores for the last 4 years, and published that the average score in the tech industry in Q3 2015 was 31.8. Scores can range from -100 to +100
- A long-term commitment! Our Quality Management System is regularly audited to assure compliance with national and international regulations including EN 9100, ISO 9001:2008, CMMI-DEV ML5 and NATO AQAP 2110/2210
Quality Policy Statement
“Quality is free. It's not a gift, but it's free ... What costs money are the un-quality things — all the actions that involve not doing jobs right the first time.”Philip B. Crosby, 1979
We commit ourselves to producing the very best software on Earth (and beyond) for our customers and partners, in a way that adds real value to their businesses.
How do we achieve this?
- We establish the right working mind-set and use appropriate processes, tools and technologies to ensure that we always achieve and exceed the highest standards.
- We create software that is free of errors and is a pleasure to use.
- We focus on what really makes a difference to the world, supports software users and adds value to our customers – satisfaction is not just hoped for, it’s mandated.
- We continually look at how we can work smarter, harder and more efficiently so that our working practices consistently improve.
- We align ourselves with high ethical standards and conform to all industry regulations – we don’t take shortcuts and we look to go beyond requirements.
- We care about our people and help them to grow their skills so that they can enjoy what they do – which means they are engaged and want to do their best.
We believe quality is important. We want to be known globally for our technical excellence and innovation, as well as our capacity to deliver for our customers both now and in the future.
We always appreciate feedback from our customers. If you have a comment or suggestion, please let us know and we'll do everything we can to consider your feedback.
Your views are important to us and are key to improving the products and services we offer.
Please fill in the feedback form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, providing as much detail as possible. We always aim to come back to you on your feedback and suggestions too.